Company Registration in Kerala (Complete Detail)
Company registration in Kerala is essential to starting a company in the state. With access to various business service consultants, entrepreneurs can swiftly finish the registration procedure with assistance and expertise.
In this blog, you will learn about the process of company registration in Kerala, including the relevant legal and regulatory requirements and stages.
What Is the Government Fee to Register a Company in Kerala?
There are five types of legal business entities in India. To register a business in Kerala, select the appropriate legal entity. After deciding on the type of legal body, you can establish a corporation online. Here is guidance on registering a corporation online in Kerala with the correct legal entity.
Registration of Limited Liability Companies in Kerala
There are some prerequisites for creating a limited liability company in India, including:
- You must have at least two Directors and shareholders in the firm
- with a valid Director Identification Number (DIN). It can take between 3 and 5 business days to receive a DIN.
- Directors must possess a valid electronic signature. In an hour, a digital signature can be obtained.
The name you choose for your business should be unique throughout India. After one or two days, the Registrar of Companies (ROC) will confirm the name for which you have applied.
After your company’s name has been approved, you must submit the Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Organization (AOA). At this point, stamp duty must be paid.
Filing and Enrollment
You must file MOA and AOA with ROC along with Form 9 (Declaration) and Spice Part-B (Incorporation Information) and Form Agile Pro. If you have provided all the required paperwork, your business will be registered, and the registrar will issue a Certificate of Incorporation. As soon as you receive the certificate, you can begin operations.
If you are beginning a business with a friend or partner in Kerala, a limited liability company is your best option.
Here are some reasons why you should choose a limited liability corporation in Kerala:
- The fact that the private limited company has limited liability separates your assets from the firm’s assets.
- This is your best option if you wish to raise funding from venture capitalists or angel investors.
- It offers you name protection, which prevents others from using the same name.
To create a private limited company in Kerala, professional advisors charge between INR 15000/- and INR 25000/-, including all government and professional fees depending upon the complexities involved.
2. LLP Registration in Kerala
A Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) combines the characteristics of a partnership and a limited liability company. The management of an LLP is outlined in the LLP agreement, and the partners are allowed to regulate the business’s affairs. A minimum of two individuals are necessary to form an LLP; however, there is no upper limit on the number of members.
You must have a Designated Partner Identification Number (DPIN) and a valid digital signature for all the Designated partner.
Request the Name
Request a name that expresses your business and adheres to the LLP name standards.
After the name is approved, you must submit LLP registration documentation to the Registrar of LLP. Once all documentation is in order, the Registrar of LLP will register the LLP and issue a Certificate of Registration.
Within 30 days after the incorporation date, LLP partners must complete and file the LLP agreement with the Registrar of LLP along with Forms 3 and 4.
To register an LLP in Kerala, professional advisors charge between INR 6000/- and INR 10,000, which covers all government and professional fees.
3. OPC Registration in Kerala
One Person Company (OPC) is a legal entity comparable to a limited liability company. Throughout the registration process, you require only one individual. This is your best option if you are the sole creator and desire a limited-liability business.
For OPC Registration in Kerala, OPC Consultants charge between INR 13000/- and INR 15000/-, which covers all government and professional fees.
These three entities are registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and the MCA ROC Department in their respective states.
4. Registration of Partnership Firms in Kerala
Registration of a partnership firm requires at least two individuals. It is a legal entity without registration. The cost of registering a partnership firm depends on the firm’s registrar. To register a partnership firm in Kerala, consultants charge between INR 4000/- and INR 7000, which covers all government and professional fees.
5. Registration of Sole Proprietorships in Kerala
To register a sole proprietorship, a single individual is required. In addition, it is an unregistered legal company that grants you the authority to conduct business in Kerala. The cost of a sole proprietorship in Kerala is contingent on the nature of the business and tax registration. You may submit with a local municipal party shop establishment licence application.
What Are the Documents Required to Register a Company in Kerala?
To get the company registered in Kerala, you must provide the documents below.
The documents may be submitted via the Internet.
Identification & Address of Directors & Shareholders
Shareholders and directors have to give identification proof and current address proof.
- Main Identification – Account Number (PAN)
- Extra Identification – Aadhar or Driving License
- Newest Address Verification: Telephone bill, voter identification card, passport, the electric bill, bank statement, or bank passbook with most recent address entries.
- Application for Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- Declaration by Subscribers & Director: INC-9
- Signatures of Director on plain page who is authorised person.
- Consent to Function as Director: Form DIR-2 Statement of DIN (If DIN is allotted already)
- Registered Office Address (Rental agreement)
- No Objection Letter from the Property Address Owner Bill for electricity as proof
- Additional Records
The following documents are necessary based on individual circumstances:
- NOC for the use of Name from Trademark Owner and NOC from Existing Business / LLP for Usage of Similar Names Declaration for sectoral compliance with regulatory requirements
Company registration in Kerala might be difficult for first-time business owners, but it is a key step in establishing a prosperous enterprise in the state. With the assistance of reputable business service consultancies, the company registration procedure can be made simpler and less stressful.
To avoid legal concerns or penalties, it is essential to guarantee that all legal and regulatory requirements are met promptly and effectively. Whether registering your business with the Kerala Startup Mission or the GST site, you must obtain professional guidance and assistance provided by our Instafiling experts to ensure a smooth and trouble-free process.
Request A Callback
You may Also Call Us At+91 76790 91881