Whenever you want to register for GST, you must provide a proper address on the GST portal.
If you entered incorrect information, in that case, there is a requirement for GST registration amendments.
Confirmation of the new address and changes to the business address.
The best part is, you don’t need to go anywhere to change the GST address. Staying at your home, you can do it easily.
In this article, we will show you how you can change your GST address.
How can I add a new location in GST?
Add a new location in GST using these easy and simple steps:
Step 1: Initially, log in to the GST portal.
Step 2: Click on the Services and tap on Registration.
Step 3: Next, click on “Amendment of Registration Core Fields”. Now click on the Additional Place of Business.
Step 4: Enter the number of additional places and tap on the Add New button.
Step 5: Here enter the reason for the change, the name of the additional place of business, and the date of the amendment. Next, hit the Continue button.
Step 6: Now verify the page with the authorized signature, place, and date. The last step is to submit it with DSC or EVC.
After the verification, the confirmation message will appear in the portal. And within 15 minutes you will get the acknowledgment message on your registered email ID and phone number.
What are the documents required for address change in GST?
GST Form REG-14 is issued whenever the principal location of the business or any additional location addresses change.
When making address changes, the GST registration amendment application must include documents for the new address.
The required documents for an address change in GST:
- For Own Premises: Documents in support of the ownership of the premises, such as the Latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy, or Electricity Bill copy.
- For Rented or Leased premises: Valid Rent / Lease Agreement copy with any document in support of the ownership of the premises of the Lessor, like the Latest Property Tax Receipt, Electricity Bill copy, or Municipal Khata copy.
- For rented/leased premises where the Rent/lease agreement is not available: An affidavit along with a document in support of the possession of the premises, like an Electricity Bill copy.
- For premises not falling under any of the above categories: A consent letter copy with the document in support of the ownership of the premises of the Consenter like Municipal Khata copy or Electricity Bill copy., the same documents are uploaded for shared properties also.
- If the principal place of business is located in an SEZ or the applicant is an SEZ developer: Essential Documents/certificates issued by the Government of India are required.
How to change phone number in GST portal?
- Log in to the GST portal
- Go to Services > Registration > Amendment of Registration Non-core Fields.
- Click ‘Promoters/ Partners’ > ‘Edit’ beside authorised signatory.
- Change your phone number and Email address. Click ‘save’.
- Enter the OTP received.
- Check the declaration and submit the application with DSC/EVC.
You will receive an ARN number to track the application status.
How to change business name in GST portal?
- Log in to GST Portal.
- Click Services > Registration > Amendment of Registration Core Fields.
- Click Business Details.
- To change the trade name click on edit.
- Enter the new name of the firm in the box.
- Select the Date of Amendment and reasons for changing the trade name.
- Check the verification checkbox.
- Enter Authorized Signatory name and name of the place.
- The final step, Sign the form with DSC/ EVC.
Can I use a residential address for GST registration?
Yes, If you want to mention your home address as your Principal place of business, then you can use it for GST registration.
How can I find the Address in the GST portal?
To find your address in the GST portal, follow the easy steps below:
1: First, go to the GST Portal.
2: Navigate to “Search Taxpayer.”
3: In the search box, enter the GSTIN number and click on “search.” Here you can see the address.
Can a proprietor have two GST with one PAN?
No, there can be only one GST registration against one permanent account number (PAN) for a sole proprietorship business.
What if billing and shipping addresses are different in GST?
Despite the fact that the “Bill to” and “Ship to” addresses differ in this case, the same individual, i.e., the person with the same GSTIN, must receive the delivery.
FAQs: How to Change Address on GST Portal
- Is address mandatory on GST invoices?
Yes, it is mandatory to have the address on the GST invoice.
- Can I use my GST for multiple businesses?
Yes, you can use your GST for multiple businesses if they are in the same state. Only the amendment in the GST registration to include other businesses’ goods and services.
- Is it compulsory to take GST registration in every state?
Yes, it is mandatory to take GST registration in every state where the taxpayer has a place of business. According to subsection 1 of section 19 of the GST Law, each person who obtains registration must do it separately for each State in which he conducts business.
- Can I sell different products with the same GST number?
Yes, you can sell different products with the same GST if your business is located in the same state.
We hope you found this article on how to change your address on the GST portal informative and helpful. To know more about GST or any other GST-related queries, please visit our website, InstaFiling, or contact our expert team.
We are always happy to help you.
How To Check GST Application Status Using TRN (Practical Method)