How To Check GST Application Status By ARN (2023)
When you submit the GST registration application, it requires a few days for approval.
During this time, you can know the status of your GST application, with the help of ARN.
The ARN is automatically generated after the successful submission of the GST registration application.
Checking the GST application status is not a tough task. And ARN will help you track it easily.
This article will explain “how to check GST application status by ARN.”
What is ARN number?
ARN stands for Application Reference Number for GST. This is a unique number generated when submitting an electronically or digitally signed application for registration on his GSTN portal. The generated unique ARN code is available further down in the GSTN portal.
An ARN is generated upon successful submission of your registration application on the GST Portal and can be used to track the status of your application. ARN status helps current taxpayers transition to the new Goods and Services Tax (GST).
The GST Portal is an official portal created by government agencies to help you carry out all your GST activities online. ARN number is used to check his GST registration status online.
ARN (Application Reference Number) status is accepted evidence that your application for GST registration has been accepted. You can use this special number to check the online status of your registration application on the GST Portal and track your progress.
After the introduction of the GST system in India, all eligible taxpayers will be required to register on the portal and file regular tax returns. Taxpayers are encouraged to keep their ARNs safe as they are used for many purposes other than verifying the status of the ARN number.
How can I check the ARN status?
You can check the ARN status with 2 methods:
Method 1: Check GST ARN status without logging into the GST portal
1: First, go to the GST portal.
2: Next, Tap on the Services tab at the top of the screen, and then hover over the Registration option.
3: Here, select the “Track Application Status“ option.
4: Now enter the ARN you received and type the captcha code you see in the image.
5: Tap on the Search option to see the ARN status.
Method 2: Check the GST ARN status after logging into the GST portal
Step 1: Log in to the GST portal with a valid user ID and password.
Step 2: Navigate to the path Services
Step 3: Track the Application Status option.
Step 4: Select Registration under the Module option.
Step 5: Next, choose an ARN and enter the ARN. Click the “Search” option.
Different GST ARN Status:
- Pending for Processing – When your registration is submitted for the first time and the Tax Officer awaits processing.
- Site Verification Assigned – If your registration application is marked for a site visit and verification, the Site Verification Officer is assigned.
- Site Verification Completed – After the Site Verification Officer submits the Site Verification Report to the Tax Officer.
- Pending for Clarification – When the tax officer requests the applicant’s clarification.
- Clarification filed– Pending for Order – When the applicant files a clarification with the tax officer and the officer is awaiting his or her decision.
- Clarification not filed – Pending for order – When the applicant fails to file a clarification within a specific number of days and the order is pending.
- Approved – When the Tax Officer accepts, an applicant’s Registration ID and password are emailed to them after their new registration application.
- Rejected – When a tax officer rejects a new registration application.
How does the ARN number look like?
ARN is a 15-digit unique code that includes the following:
- The first two are alphabets.
- The second two numbers are your state code.
- The third two numbers show Month.
- The subsequent two codes represent the year.
- Next, six digits are the system-generated code.
- And the last code is the Checksum digit.
Here is the image of an ARN format:
What is the ARN process?
You can follow the steps below for the ARN process:
- First, on the official GST portal, you must provide your PAN details, Mobile number, and E-mail address in the PART-A of Form GST REG–01.
- For the verification of PAN on the GST portal, you will receive an OTP on your registered E-mail I’d and mobile number. After submitting the OTP, the PAN is verified on the GST portal.
- After this step, you will get the ARN.
- With the help of ARN, you can easily check the GST application status.
Is ARN and GST number the same?
No, ARN and GST numbers are not the same.
ARN is an Application Reference Number that is generated after the submission of the GST application. ARN can track the GST application until you get the GST certificate. Also, with the help of ARN, you can identify whether your GST application is approved or rejected.
On the other hand, GSTIN is referred to as a “Goods and Service Tax Identification Number.” When you register for GST, the Government will issue this GST certificate. GSTIN is a 15-digit identification that is essential to know the authenticity of the vendor.
How long after ARN do you get GST?
After registering the GST application, you will get the GST certificate within 3-6 working days. The ARN is generated once you submit your GST application.
Until you get your GST certificate, the Application Reference Number or ARN helps you to track the status of the GST application.
Who generates the ARN number?
The Application Reference Number (ARN) is automatically generated on the GST portal after the successful submission of the GST registration application.
How to check GST number?
A GST number or GSTIN is a unique 15-digit number assigned to every taxpayer registered under GST. If you have a GST number, you can easily find out your GST number details. You have to enter the person’s GST number and click the search button to find her GST number details.
Checking your GST number details is completely free. The GST number details are obtained from the GSTN server and are correct. GST number details are provided including business name, registration status, taxpayer representative address, and jurisdiction details.
- Go to GST Portal.
- Click the Taxpayer Search dropdown menu.
- Click Search for GSTIN/UIN.
- Enter the GST number from your invoice in the Search tab.
- Enter the generated Captcha and click ‘Search’. This will help you verify your GST No.
How to check GST by Pan?
Find your GST number using your PAN number from the GST portal. Do the following:
- Access the official GST portal of the Government of India.
- Click the Search Taxpayer tab.
- Select the Search by PAN. Enter the PAN number of the person whose GST registration you want to search.
- Enter your captcha code. Click the search button.
- The system will provide a list with all GST registration details for the given PAN number. Details include his GSTIN/UIN, GSTIN status, and country.
- You can click on the GSTIN number to view details of specific GST numbers.
Why is GST application rejected?
A GST declaration will only be rejected if the required information is not filled out correctly, the property name or address is not displayed correctly and the PAN card numbers do not match. If your application for registration with GST does not include all the required files or records, the GST officer in charge of the service will endeavor to request additional facts, confirmations, or documents.
In such cases, the requested information or documents referenced by the GST Officer must be sent to the Common Portal no later than the date specified in the certificate.
After providing the information you provided on your GST certificate, an authorized officer will accept your application. However, an authorized officer reserves the right to refuse an application for a GST certificate if all required documents have not been submitted or the application has not been made in a timely manner.
The GST officer cannot request an in-person hearing to issue a new GST registration certificate. The GST Officer will provide details about the application process or any registration questions via the GST Form only.
If you do not receive a response, or if the Designated Person is not satisfied with the response or does not respond adequately in time, the Processing Person may reject your order. If the officer is not satisfied with the response, may decline the request and issue an order on FORM GST REG-05.
If your application for GST registration is denied, the GST Officer will notify the applicant. In accordance with GST regulations, you must be notified in writing by the Designated Officer along with the reasons for the refusal. You can also download the GST rejection form.
FAQs: How to GST application status by ARN
1. How many numbers is an ARN?
ARN is a 15-digit unique alphanumeric code.
Where the first two codes are alphabets. Second is the state code, and subsequent numbers show the month and year. The next six digits represent system-generated code. And the last number is the checksum digit.
2. What is the use of ARN?
You can use ARN to check the GST application status until you receive your GST certificate.
3. Who approves GST registration?
The tax officer will review it, and later he will approve the GST registration.
4. How do I get my GST number urgently?
You can get your GST number,
- First, visit the GST portal and fill up the GST application form.
- Next, register your Digital Signature Certificate
- And then verify and submit the GST application.
5. Is GST registration free?
Yes, GST registration is free. You don’t have to pay any fee to get your GST number.
We hope you got all the answers related to “how to check GST application status by ARN.”
If you have any other queries or any feedback related to this topic, then please feel free to comment below.
You can reach out to our expert team if you need help with GST registration.
We’re happy to help you.
Request A Callback
You may Also Call Us At+91 76790 91881