The registration and cancellation procedures are a major source of frustration for many. It is obvious that there are a number of processes involved, and skipping any one of them requires starting the process over from scratch.
GST Cancellation happens when a person’s business is discontinued, Or it could be due to other scenarios when office regulations weren’t followed.
However, canceling GST is not a rocket-science. But, a minor error can end up costing you valuable time and money. After this step, you can easily check the cancellation status. Therefore, to resolve your query, we wrote a detailed article on “How to check GST cancellation status.”
We have gone through every single detail pertaining to the revocation of GST registration. In order to avoid missing out on any important information, we suggest you thoroughly read every section of the article.
How to Check GST Cancellation Status?
After filing for GST cancellation, you can track the status on the GST portal. Let’s explore how you can check GST cancellation status.
Step 1: First go to the GST portal and log in with your valid credentials.
Step 2: Next tap on the Service tab. Here, under the Registration drop-down menu, choose the ‘Track Application Status’ option.
Step 3: Select the ‘Submission period’ option and enter the ‘FROM’ and ‘TO’ dates of the application.
Step 4: Tap into the Search button to see the GST cancellation status.
What are the documents required for GST cancellation?
The documents needed for GST cancellation are as follows:
- Your Contact address, including the registered phone number and email address.
- The reasons for cancellation of GST registration
- The GSTIN of the business which is canceled
- Information about any unpaid GST liabilities, fines, penalties, etc.
- Information on any GST payments made against this liability, as well as information on input tax credits.
- Details on stock-held inputs or inputs contained in semi-finished or finished goods held in stock
How long does GST cancellation take?
The GST cancellation normally takes 30 days, after you submit your GST registration application.
What is Suo moto cancellation?
Suo moto cancellation refers to the tax officer’s decision to cancel a GST registration on his authority.
The CGST Act’s Section 29(2) requirements, however, the officer must specify why he is undertaking this Suo moto cancellation of registration.
What if GST returns are not been filed for 6 months?
Your GST registration may be canceled if your GST returns have not been filed for six months or more.
FAQs:- How to Check GST Cancellation Status
1. How do I know if my GST registration is canceled?
To know about the cancellation of your GST registration, you can track the GST cancellation status with the following steps:
- Log in to the official GST portal.
- Click on Services → Track Application Status.
- Under the Module section, choose the Registration option and enter the ARN.
- Click on the Search button to see the status of the application.
2. Can you activate the canceled GST after 90 days?
No, if you are a registered taxable person, you have 30 days from the date of the order to get the order dropped and request the activation of your GST registration.
3. How do I download the GST cancellation certificate?
You can download the GST cancellation certification online using the GST Portal.
We hope that with the help of this article, you can easily check the GST cancellation status.
To get more information about other GST topics, visit our website, InstaFiling. For further queries, Call/WhatsApp our expert team.