Income Tax is a direct tax levied on the income of a citizen. Income Tax Return is the return of income tax paid by a citizen. It is submitted quarterly by every citizen and gets processed every month by the Income Tax Department.
All transactions done by citizens are recorded in the bank and processed by the Income Tax Department. Income Tax Return Copy Online is an online portal where one can get their income tax return copy without any difficulty. Here are the step-by-step guidance on how to get income tax return copy online.
How Do I Download My Tax Return as a PDF
If you prepare and file your tax returns electronically with eFile.com, your tax returns will be stored for 7 years and will be stored directly in your account for the current year and the previous 2 years. For other years, please contact us via the personal support page on eFile.com.
- Sign in to your eFile.com account and follow these steps:
- Click My Account in the top right corner of your account screen.
- Under the My Tax Return heading, click the appropriate tax year link. The completed declaration will appear as a PDF file that you can download and print.
- Tap on the PDF icon to open and view the file.
- Find out how to view documents that may show empty files on mobile phones.
How Can I Get a Copy of My Tax Return Online without Logging In
No, it is not possible to get a copy of your tax return online without logging in. Here are the steps to get copy tax return online:
- Go to the Official Income Tax Portal for Electronic Filing and click Login.
- Enter your User ID, Password, and Security Access Message (if applicable) here to log in to Submitted Returns.
- Next page, tap on tab e-File > Income Tax Returns > View Filed Returns.
- On the next page, you will see all year’s e-filing details, including details such as filing date, filing section, and confirmation number.
- Indicate the desired year to obtain ITR and ITR-V. Then click Download Form to get your Income Tax Return (ITR) and Download Receipt to get your Income Tax Return Confirmation Letter (ITR-V). The ITR and ITR-V are downloaded to your device.
- You can now download a copy of the ITR and ITR-V from the comfort of your own home. The IT department will also send the ITR-V to your registered email address. If you can’t do this step, you can print this copy when you receive it.
Now that you know how to get a copy of the ITR and ITR-V online, download a copy and keep track of your electronic income tax returns. This is especially true if you are an independent professional, business, or freelancer and may not have a payslip as proof of income. It helps to provide proof of your income tax filing.
How Do I Download an Old Previous Tax Return
Prior year tax returns are accessible from the IRS for a fee. Taxpayers may request a copy of their tax return by completing and mailing Form 4506 to the IRS address listed on the form. There is a fee per copy, which is available for the current tax year and up to the previous 7 years.
How Do I Get a Summary of My Tax Return
Taxpayer Information Summary (TIS) is a category that provides an overview of all transactions during the fiscal year. The bank statement shows processed values under each category of information (salary, stock market, interest, dividend, etc.). At TIS Information, you can download a summary of taxpayer information in pdf format. Here are the steps:
- Open Income India ePortal at eportal.incometax.gov.in
- Log in to your income tax account via eportal.
- Go to Service and Annual Information Statement (AIS).
- Click Services and tap New AIS Page.
- Allow pop-ups when requested
- Some browsers will ask if you allow pop-up pages to open. Let’s open it.
- Click AIS to find TIS.
- Select Left – Tax Information Summary (TIS) or Right – AIS as required
- Click Download.
- Open TIS or AIS Password.
- The password is your PAN number (capital letters) + date of birth (DDMMYYYY).
How Can I Get Copy of My Tax Return Online in India
To get Income Tax Return Copy Online – Filing an Income Tax Return is easy through an app on your smartphone or computer. You just need to visit the website using your device’s web browser and follow the instructions to fill out your return online. Here are the details on how to obtain a copy of the ITR online:
- Go to the official Electronic Income Tax Filing Portal and click ‘Register Here’.
- Enter your User ID, Password, and Security Code to log into your account.
- On the next page, click View Returns/Forms.
- You will be redirected to another page where you need to enter the PAN.
- Also, select Income tax returns from the dropdown menu next to Select an option.
- Click Submit.
- On the next page you will see all the details of the electronic tax return including the confirmation number. Click this number to view the ITR-V available for download.
- Tap on TR-V/Acknowledgement XML under “Downloads/Status Description.”
- Now, ITR-V or e-filing confirmation is downloaded to the device.
FAQs: How to Get Income Tax Return Copy Online
Can I download a copy of my tax return?
Yes, you can download a copy of the tax return. First, go to the official Electronic Income Tax Filing Portal, and click ‘Register Here’. Enter your User ID, Password, and Security Code to log into your account then click View Returns/Forms. Next, select the option Submit. Tap on TR-V/Acknowledgement XML under “Downloads/Status Description.” Now, ITR-V or e-filing confirmation is downloaded to the device.
Can I print my income tax return online?
Yes, you can print income tax returns online. Once you have successfully completed your return and completed the checkout process, you can select the Save & Print option. After verifying that the information is correct, you can print the document and send it to the IRS.
Is tax transcript same as tax return?
A tax return is a form filed with the IRS that is used to determine an individual’s tax liability. Forms include 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ and a transcript is a document that a taxpayer can request from the IRS that contains the information submitted on the tax return.
Now I believe you know, how to get income tax return copy online. However, All you have to do is log in using your ID and password, select your returns section, and start filling out your form online.
At the end of your form submission, you’ll receive a PDF copy of your return summary via email which you can save and use when required by the government.