The process of registering as a MSME in India is completely online as notified by the Government on 26th June 2020. Entrepreneurs can register using their Aadhaar number very easily. This registration is known as ‘Udyam Registration’.
Various benefits that a registered MSME enjoys are:
- Priority lending which means that banks have certain earmarked funds on the direction of the government solely for MSMEs
- Greater credit at lesser interest rates for an MSME
- Credit guarantee scheme
- Export promotion and government assistance
- Capital grants and others for the development of infrastructure
- ISO certification charges are reimbursed
- Exclusive purchasing that protects from competition in market
- Facilitation for technology improvement and up gradation to registered
In This Blog:
Eligibility Criteria For A MSME
The eligibility criteria for registering as an MSME are determined from the applicability of the MSME Act, wherein the specific turnover and investment limits will indicate if you are eligible for a small, micro, or medium enterprise registration. For the manufacturing sector enterprises, investment in plants and machinery is evaluated.
Let us look at the specific limits for determining the eligibility –
|Sector Type||Micro Enterprise||Small Enterprise||Medium Enterprise|
|Manufacturing & Services Sector||Investment less than Rs. 1 crore. Turnover less than Rs. 5 crore||Investment less than Rs. 10 crore. Turnover up to Rs. 50 crore.||Investment less than Rs. 50 crore. Turnover up to Rs. 250 crore.|
If you meet the thresholds for any of the above categories, you can register like that. This registration is not deemed compulsory by the government, but it’s quite advantageous to do so.
Also read: Steps To File A Trademark For An Individual
How To Register A MSME?
Documents and details that are required for the registration process-
- Bank details
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card number of the applicant and his/her social category number (if applicable)
- Date of commencement of business and previous registration details (if any)
- Type of activity (manufacturing or services)
- National Industrial Classification Code (NEC)
- No of Employees and their classification
- Plant and machinery investment (for manufacturing units)
- Equipment investment (for service sector units)
- Plant location
You need to visit the following website to easily apply online through simple steps and a cost-free process-
- Once you have opened the website, you need to enter your 12 digit Aadhar number and your
- Once you have done that, click on “validate and generate OTP”.
- Once the validation has successfully happened, you must enter the social category you belong to (whichever is applicable).
- The name of the business has to be filled in
- The description of the type of entity is to be entered
- PAN number has to be filled in for Cooperative, Private Limited Company ,Public Limited Company and Limited liability Partnership (LLP) business entities as a necessary It is optional for other types of entities.
- Enter your plant location
- Then, enter the date of commencement of
- Enter your bank
- Next, choose the type of major activity of your
- The NIC code has to be entered
- The number of employees has to be
- District Industries Centre or the DIC location must be entered
- Having given these details, click on ” SUBMIT” to submit your
- An OTP will be generated to your email for confirmation and thereafter the application will be successfully
- It will take around 2 working days for the government to work on your case and then issue the Udyam Aadhar Certificate
Pitching Startup Process (Create Winning Proposals)
It's all about pitching a startup, and knowing how to pitch a startup is essential to success. No matter how innovative, sophisticated, and potentially profitable your product idea may be if you can't attract investors to your startup. And you're unlikely to scale...
Digital Marketing for Startup (Uncover Opportunities)
The best efficient way to grow your startup business is to follow a complete digital marketing strategy. Growing a startup is a huge challenge, and without a plan, you could be spending your time and budget on the wrong activities. This guide will walk you through the...
Bootstrapped Startup List (New Update)
India is known as a Startup Nation. The country has a growing number of bootstrap startups, which are small companies funded and managed by their founders without outside investment. These start-ups have revolutionized the Indian market and are now more successful...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Get updates on all regulatory changes and reminders for deadlines
Yes we are Omnipresent!