How to Registration OPC Company Online
One Person Company, or OPC, is a form of company created by the government of India in the year 2013. It is a boon for individuals who wish to establish a company by themselves and do not have a group of individuals as shareholders. Unlike private limited companies or PVT, OPC companies do not require more than one person as the owner of the company.
Further, there is no need to have an Annual General Meeting under the OPC Act. The act is thoroughly designed for entrepreneurs and to promote the startup system in India. With less compliance, the act is a blessing in disguise for people across India.
Registration of OPC companies online is a quick and easy process if you are ready with the documents. The government has mentioned in detail the document requirements, and various online portals like us are also talking about it.
The article on how to register opc company online is a comprehensive guide to the entire process. Make a note of the document list and the process of registration.
How Do I Register My OPC Company Online?
Register your OPC company online by following certain easy steps and ensuring correct document submission. The Registrar of Company or RoC is the final bidding body that verifies the documentation and completes the process. Ensure no fake documents are submitted. This is extremely important.
Below are the steps for the registration of an OPC company online. Follow these rules strictly, and you will be able to register your company comfortably.
- The first step towards registration of an OPC online is the KYC verification. Basic KYC documents of the owner, such as Aadhar card or Voter ID card, PAN Card, Address proof document, etc., need to be submitted for verification.
Further, it is also required to submit the documents of the registered business location and a No Object Certification (NOC) if the business place is rented.
- Ensuring that you have your Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) and Director Identification Number (DIN) is a must for the second step. It will be used in further steps to conduct digital signatures. Hence, it is a requirement in the process of the registration of OPC companies online.
- A unique name or a name that is not already registered by another company must be chosen. The selected names need to be reserved with the Registrars of Companies (RoC) and the ROC will decide on the final name.
- Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) are important documents that need to be submitted during the time of registration process. These documents need to be prepared beforehand. The constitution of the company is called the MOA, while the rules and regulations of the company are called AOA.
- The next step involves filling up the SPICE Plus form. The following information can be found on the official website of Ministry of Corporate Affairs. The Spice form filling requires an individual to have his or her DSC number for the digital signature.
It also requires an individual to have a unique name identified. These documents are then submitted on the website and certified by a practicing professionals such as a CA, CS, CMA, or Advocate of the High Court.
- Registrars of Companies (RoC) checks the provided documents and conduct authenticity & verification checks on them. If the documents are correct and do not need any change, the application is approved, and the company is registered under RoC.
Also, the company owner is provided with the certificate of incorporation and PAN & TAN numbers of the registered business.
What Are the Documents Required for OPC Registration?
One Person Company Act or OPC requires a certain set of documents for its registration process. The documents need to be submitted on behalf of both the owner and the nominee. These documents have to be real and authenticated. Ensuring that you do not not submit any fake documents is important.
Please keep a copy of all the required documents for your own reference.
Below are the details of the documents required for the registration of the OPC company online,
- A PAN Card copy has to be submitted by both the owner and nominee.
- A voter ID or Aadhar card copy has to be submitted for personal and citizenship verification of individuals.
- Passport Size Photograph needs to be submitted for both the owner and nominee. A total of 3 passport-size photographs needs to be submitted for the registration process.
- No Objection Certificate from the owner of the business location, if rented, needs to be submitted. The certificate will act as an assurity of confirmation about the business location.
- Electricity bill or water bill of the registered office as address proof for the business or service company.
- MOA and AOA are two of the most important documents that need to be prepared as per the authorized format and need to be submitted for the registration of OPC companies online to the central registration center.
- A consent document of the nominee needs to be recorded and submitted with the INC-3 form. Along with it proof of identity also needs to be submitted.
- The director and nominee must submit a form DIR3 and INC-9 along with an affidavit.
What is One Person Company as per Companies Act 2013?
One Person Company, or OPC, as per the Companies Act 2013, clearly states that the company can have only one person as the director. Further, the director shall appoint only one nominee who will act as a member in the event of the death of the director or if the director does not have the capacity of like he or she had during the incorporation of the company as OPC.
FAQ – How to Registration OPC Company Online
OPC registration govt fees
The registration fee for OPC varies depending upon certain factors such as authorized share capital and the state in which the registered office address is located.
How much income tax do you pay on OPC?
The income tax rate for an OPC is 30%, and an additional surcharge is applicable as per the net income slab.
How long does OPC registration take?
It takes around 10 – 15 days for the registration of an OPC company. DSC and DIN are available in a day & certificates of incorporation take almost 3 to 5 days.
Which ITR form is applicable for OPC?
Form ITR-6 needs to be filled and submitted for OPC company registration.
Which company is known as one person company?
A company that is owned by only one single person and has the term OPC in the suffix of the company name is a one person company. To further understand OPC, please read the entire article.
The registration process for an OPC company online is not a very tedious job. It only needs an individual to be thorough about the documents and ensure to submit them in a proper format. The wrong format or fake document can only cause the cancellation of the registration process.
Are you scared about the entire process? Do you need furthermore help? Do not get worried because Instafiling is here for you. India’s one of the best platform for the compliance. We are here to guide and support you. If you have any questions or need further details, please mention them in the comment section below.
Request A Callback
You may Also Call Us At+91 76790 91881