How to Remove Digital Signature From ROC Forms (2023)
Digital Signature Certificate is a basic need of every individual. With the digitalization of every process related to the government or private sector, DSC plays an important role in authenticating the documents in practice.
Even though DSCs have been used for quite some time now, people often come across various problems. The most common issue is knowing how to remove digital signature from ROC forms.
ROC forms are required to be submitted by all businesses, companies, and LLPs. It is a mandatory process. It is also mandatory to attach a DSC in all the forms that are being submitted with ROC
This article focuses on types of DSC, Digital Signature Issuing Authorities, who can suspend or revoke DSC and most importantly how to remove digital signature from ROC forms.
Let’s see the types of DSC and where they are applicable.
Types of Digital Signature Certificates
There are two types of Digital Signature Certificates accepted for the MCA21 program; Class 2 and Class 3.
Class 2 Digital Signature Certificate:
These are the DSC that serve as the identity of a person. The certificate is given on the basis of another pre-verified information source. It can be obtained online by submitting the required form and proof of identity documents to the Certifying Authority.
Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate:
This type of DSC is also given as proof of identity. However, it can’t be obtained online. The person must be present physically in the office of the certifying authority. This is the highest form of Digital Signature.
Now, the question that arises is how to obtain a DSC? There are certifying authorities just to do this.
Digital Signature Issuing Authorities
The government has given rights to some agencies to issue a digital signature certificate to any person or company asking for it. These agencies operate under section 24 of the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000.
Any person can reach out to these authorities and get class 2 or class 3 certificates.
Here is the list of the Certifying Authority:
- National Informatics Center (NIC)
- IDRBT Certifying Authority
- SafeScrypt CA Services, Sify Communications Ltd
- (n) Code Solutions CA
- SignX CA
- Prodigisign CA
Is Digital Signature Mandatory For Company Registration?
Yes of course! Digital Signature is mandatory to file any type of document electronically.
DSC acts as proof of authenticity of the documents submitted to MCA electronically. So, as per the guidelines issued by MCA, no document will be considered without DSC.
These DSC are subjected to rules and guidelines issued by the Information Technology Act 2000. The DSC issued can be cancelled, suspended or revoked at any time if any discrepancy is found in them. More on this is discussed below.
Who Has Power to Suspend or Revoke DSC?
The DSC can be revoked or cancelled by the Certifying Authority which has issued the digital signature. There can be three reasons behind the revocation or cancellation of the signature. They are mentioned below.
- When the person owning the DSC or any other person requests the authority to cancel or revoke the DSC.
- Another reason can be the demise of the DSC holder.
- The last reason stated is the dissolution of the company or firm to which the DSC was issued.
However, there are other reasons that can cause the cancellation of DSC.
- Like, in cases where the information in the DSC is wrong or concealed.
- If the DSC did not fulfil any of the requirements to stand authenticity.
- If the certifying authority’s security system was affected or hacked and caused to suspect the issued DSC.
- In cases where the DSC owner does not exist any more, this can be true for a person, company or firm.
Now, what if the DSC uploaded is wrong, old, or expired? Let’s counter the major issue encountered by most of the users while uploading or updating or filing a ROC form on the MCA portal.
How to Remove DSC in MCA Form?
Actually, different users have tried different methods to remove DSC from the MCA form. Here are a few that you can try out too!
- Open the form in PDF viewer.
- Click on the modify button.
- Right-click on the signature.
- Select remove.
Another way of doing this is a bit tricky!
- First, remove the Digital signature certificate token from the PC.
- Close the form window.
- Re-insert the DSC token and open the form.
- Click on the modify button.
- Remove/clear the DSC or add a new DSC. choose the option best suitable for your intent.
An important point to avoid this hassle of removing or changing DSC is to always use the Save As option while saving the new changes to the form. So that, you always have a copy of a form to come back to and edit.
Or keep two copies of the form in advance. If you mess up one, you will have a backup to fall on to.
How Do I Delete My Old DSC Certificate?
To delete the certificate from the Token take these steps:
- Insert the token, then right-click on the certificate and select the option view token.
- Right-click on the DSC you want to delete.
- Select the remove certificate option to delete the DSC.
Another way to delete the DSC from the browser is given below.
- Go to the browser and open the Tool. then navigate to the content tab in the internet options.
- There select the certificate tab.
- In the new dialogue box, select the DSC you want to delete, then select the Remove option.
- Now, click yes in the confirmation dialogue box just appeared.
The second method is a bit debated as it is not supported in many browsers.
FAQ: How to Remove Digital Signature From ROC Forms
How Do I Remove a Digital signature From ROC Forms?
To remove the digital signature you can download the form in PDF and then click on the modify button in the PDF viewer to make changes in the DSC.
How Do I Remove DSC From e-Form?
Either you can click on the modify button to make changes in the DSC section of the e-form. Or you can do it offline, after downloading it in PDF format.
How Do I Change My Digital Signature on MCA?
To change or update your digital signature on the MCA form take these steps:
- First, log in to your account.
- Then, go to the MCA services menu.
- Now, click on Update DSC.
- Select from the options: update DSC for Bank Official/Nodal Administrator, or Update DSC for Business Users.
- Enter the details in the sign-in window.
- Then, under the new DSC, select Certificate, browse the new certificate and tap on update the digital signature.
Your signature will be updated successfully!
How Long is DSC Valid?
Digital Signature Certificate is valid for a period of one to two years.
How to remove digital signature from ROC forms is information every person filing a ROC form on the MCA portal has to encounter. MCA has made it mandatory to attest any document with a DSC to submit through e-filing. DSCs can be issued to any person, company or firm by applying through a certifying authority. DSC is valid for a period of one to two years depending on its type.
For more information on DSC, head to the recommended blog section. If you have a question, feel free to contact us.
Request A Callback
You may Also Call Us At+91 76790 91881