Many people get confused while filing their income tax returns. They face many issues while uploading the required documents in the Income Tax portal. If you are one of these people, you should take help from an expert when uploading the required documents to the portal. A trained person can easily upload JSON files in the Income Tax portal.
The income Tax portal is a web-based application where you can upload all the necessary documents for filing your income tax returns. The uploaded JSON file gets transferred to the officials concerned with your tax audit. In this article, you will get to know how to upload JSON file in income tax portal. So, let’s move on.
What Is JSON Income Tax
People use JSON because it is very easy to work with web applications. This makes loading easier. The JSON format is easy to read. Even non-technical users can understand it. It can be written in the form of key-value pairs.
How to upload json file in income tax portal?
The process for uploading JSON in the Income Tax Portal is as follows:
- Log in on income tax portal.
- Click the e-File button and select ‘Income Tax Return’.
- Click ‘Fill income tax return’
- Select your current AY and Mode of Filing
- You’ll notice that the screen displays all the information that’s stored in the pre-populated JSON file that you’ve downloaded.
- Click the upload button and select your JSON file.
How to upload JSON file in GST portal?
Steps to upload JSON file inGST Portal are:
- Login to the GST portal and access the GST returns dashboard.
- Select the month in which you would like to file your GST return
- Select the type of GST return > click ‘Prepare Online’.
- Upload JSON file to GSTN
- After the JSON file is uploaded, you’ll see a confirmation if the upload was successful.
- Once the JSON file is uploaded, the data or invoice will appear in the GST portal after 15-30 minutes. Do not upload multiple times.
- If you don’t see any data in the GST portal after 30 minutes, you can try uploading the JSON file again. Uploading a JSON file multiple times rewrites or appends data.
- 15-30 minutes after uploading the JSON file, the data will be validated by GSTN and added to GST Portal > Taxpayer Returns Dashboard.
How to file ITR Using JSON?
After preparing the ITR, you need to upload the prepared ITR JSON file using the following steps:
- Go to the Income Tax Portal and log in with valid credentials.
- From your dashboard, click Electronic File > Income Tax Returns > Submit Income Tax Returns.
- To submit a tax return using a JSON file, the taxpayer must select the filing mode as offline. Attach a JSON file
- If there are no errors, the next screen will display a ‘Successful Validation’ message. Click on the ‘Proceed to Validation’ option.
- Review the filing of income tax returns. Finally, you will see a success message indicating that the ITR was successfully sent.
- You will also receive an email with your confirmation number and ITR-V on your registered email ID.
- Submitting the ITR to the ITD is not the final step in the process.
You must e-Verify your return within 120 days of submitting the return.
How Do I Open a JSON File in Excel
If you open the JSON file in Excel or import it, you can’t paste it directly. You will need to follow the process of importing the JSON file into Excel. Excel provides a Power Query function that can be used to import JSON files into Excel.
The Power Query function has been renamed to Get & Transform Tool. Available on the Data tab. Until Excel 2013 version, this function was called Power Query. It was later renamed to Get & Transform in Excel 2016 and later versions.
You don’t need to write VBA code scripts to transfer data from JSON files to Excel. Here are the steps to open a JSON file in excel:
- Open an existing or new Excel file. Then go to the Data tab.
- Click the New Query dropdown option and click From File and From Text.
- Navigate to where the JSON file is located and change the file type from Text File to All Files.
- You can see that there are no JSON files currently displayed in this location.
- Click on the JSON file and Tap the Import button to import the file data into an Excel sheet.
- Now, a power query editor will open where you select the To Table option.
- Now, select OK on this panel.
- The Power Query Editor reloads, click the square box icon next to Columns.
- At this point, you can also deselect any columns that you do not want to include in your Excel sheet, and tap OK because I wanted to include all columns. Data will not load correctly if you forget this step.
- You can see the records contained in the JSON file expanded. Here, click the first Close and Load option.
- You can see that three data sets have been loaded into the Excel sheet.
- Users can also exclude data rows from the sheet. To do this, click the dropdown icon next to the column header and uncheck the rows you want to hide.
- Notice that the record is temporarily hidden. However, you can turn it back into a table by increasing the width of the table.
How Do I File a JSON File
Here are easy steps to create a JSON file with online software tools:
- Open the JSON Formatting Tool from the following link. This is an online tool.
- Now, copy and paste the JSON Data which is mentioned in Option 1 in the Input tool of the online tool.
- Download this file using the download icon provided in the input area on the right. A JSON file will be downloaded.
- This jsonformatter.org already supports the JSON validation. Now, this will create a new JSON file and will allow downloading.
- If you already have a JSON document or file, you can upload it to this tool, modify or delete some objects and JSON arrays, and download an updated valid JSON file.
- This tool also helps to create JSON from text files. When you upload a text file using the File Upload button, the JSON is validated and automatically beautified.
How Do I Open a JSON File in PDF
You can easily convert the JSON file into PDF, for that we need a pdf converter. Here are the steps:
- Upload a JSON file to convert.
- Please press the “Convert” button.
- Download the converted PDF file immediately or email the download link.
How Do I Convert a PDF to JSON
To quickly convert PDF to JSON with the help of Nanonets software, follow these steps:
1. Upload the PDF file.
2. Then, tap to convert the file into JSON.
3. Now, download the converted JSON file.
How Do I Open a .json File with ITR
- First, go to https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices. Enter your user ID, click Next, and enter your password to log in. Click on the E-file option and proceed accordingly.
- Select Evaluation Year 2021-22 from the list.
- After selecting the year for the assessment, click Next, select the “Offline” mode and select the “Completion Type” as 139(1) – Original Return, and click Next. Select “ITR FORM” for H. Know the Applicability of ITR-1 and Various ITR Forms for Payroll Income.
- Click Attach File and attach your JSON file.
- After attaching the JSON file, the site will validate the file and click Proceed to verification after validation.
- After this process, your return will be Filed and you can now do E-Verification to verify your return.
How Do I Use a JSON File
The JSON data format is an open standard (.json). A data format used for data exchange by various forms of technology. The most common use of JSON data and files is to read data from a server, display it, and modify it with appropriate permissions for your website or web application.
But that’s not all. Computer applications, programs, mobile apps, etc. all use her JSON files. It is so universal that it can be argued that it is used virtually everywhere.
Can I Upload JSON File
Yes, you can upload the JSON file on JSON upload area. Here is the step on how to upload it:
- Click on Settings (upper right corner of the screen).
- Go to Product Settings.
- Click Data Integration.
- Click Add data from JSON file.
- Tap Upload JSON File as the Import Option.
- Now, locate the file you want to upload to your computer.
- If everything looks good, check your upload. As with any data source that ingests events and properties, it takes 30 minutes for the data to be available in reports.
FAQs: How to Upload JSON File in Income Tax Portal
What Is the Best App to Open Json Files?
Json Genie (Viewer & Editor) is the best app to open JSON files. Json Genie opens files in the standard Android way, so you can open JSON files from any source available on your Android phone (Dropbox, Drive, SD, etc.). You can also copy and paste custom JSON text or open URLs.
What is JSON full form?
Is it safe to use JSON?
JSON does not support namespaces, but XML does. JSON does not have display capabilities, but XML has the ability to display data. It is not secure, but XML is safer than JSON.
Why is JSON necessary?
JSON is necessary because it is very easy to work with web applications. This makes loading easier. The JSON format is easy to read. Even non-technical users can understand it. It can be written in the form of key-value pairs.
If you have any questions, please drop a comment below.
Income Tax Portal 2.0 (Complete Guide)