Income Tax Acknowledgment (2023 Guide)
ITR-V stands for “Income Tax Return-Verification” form. This is the one-page document you receive when you submit your ITR online without using a digital signature. The ITR-V is provided by the Income Tax Department and emailed to the taxpayer to verify the authenticity of the income tax return. In this article, you will get to know about income tax acknowledgment.
Taxpayers can also download a copy of ITR-V from website on electronic income tax returns. A copy of the ITR-V approval must be duly signed in “blue ink” and submitted to the Income Tax Authority CPC to complete the income tax return process. This article will guide you through the process of preparing an ITR-V and submitting it to the Income Tax Department.
What Does an Acknowledge Tax Return Mean
If your annual income exceeds Rs.2,50,000, you are obligated to pay income tax. Once you have paid your income tax, you will receive an acknowledgment. This acknowledgment must be printed and signed.
This signed document must be sent to the central hub in Bangalore within 120 days of receiving Form ITR-V.
How Can I Get ITR Acknowledgement
Most of us to file our income tax returns “online” by the July 31st deadline. E- filing is convenient and you can pay your taxes online. However, submitting your tax return online does not mean that you have completed the tax refund process. If you added a “digital signature” when sending it electronically, the return process is complete. You will receive an email acknowledgment from your IT department.
Here are a few steps to get acknowledgment:
- Access the e-Filing portal homepage.
- Now tap on the Income Tax Return (ITR) Status.
- On the Income Tax Return (ITR) Status page, enter your acknowledgment number and a valid mobile phone number, then click Next.
- Enter the 6-digit OTP you received with the mobile number you entered in step 3 and click Submit.
What Is ITR Acknowledgement Receipt
If you file your tax return electronically, you must send the ITR-V to the CPC or review your tax return electronically within 120 days of the date of filing. The ITR-V Receipt Status Check utility is very useful if you have sent her signed ITR-V to the Income Tax Department and want to track its current status within 120 days from the filing date.
- Go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/
- Select the ITR Status option under Services on the left menu.
- The ITR-V receipt status can be tracked using the PAN number and evaluation year or using the e-Filing Acknowledgment number.
- Enter your 10-digit PAN number, select an evaluation year to track your ITR-V receipt status, or enter your e-Filing acknowledgment number. You can find your 15-digit e-Filing acknowledgment number on the ITR-V.
- Enter your Captcha code and click the Submit button.
- You will get the ITR-V reception status on the next page.
How Can I Download ITR Acknowledgement without Login
If your annual income exceeds Rs.2,50,000, you are obligated to pay income tax. Once you have paid your income tax, you will receive an acknowledgment. This acknowledgment must be printed and signed. This signed document must be sent to the central hub in Bangalore within 120 days of receiving Form ITR-V.
Follow the steps below to download ITR-V.
- Please access https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- If you already have an account, click the “Sign In Here” option. However, if you don’t have an account yet, click Register to create a new one. This is an important step regarding the ITR-V download.
- Now enter your credentials into the login page.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Locate the My Account section of the top menu and select the ‘e-filed returns/Forms’ option from the drop-down list.
- Click Income Tax Form from the drop-down menu and click the Submit button. This is the easiest way to download the ITR online.
- Click acknowledgment no. button. Click ITR-V / acknowledgment to receive your ITR-V. Your password is PAN (all lowercase) followed by your date of birth with no spaces. This completes the ITR acknowledgment download process.
How Do I Download My Tax Acknowledgement on New Portal
When your income tax return is submitted, the Income Tax Department will automatically generate an ITR-V acknowledgment and send it to your registered email address. If the acknowledgment is not received, the beneficiary can easily download the acknowledgment through the Income Tax Electronic Filing Portal by logging into an online account and following the steps below.
- Log in to the e- Income Tax Filing website and click the Return/View Form link.
- Select the income tax form and fiscal year options. Click submit.
- Click on the income tax return acknowledgment number for which you want to download the ITR-V.
- ITR-V will be downloaded.
How Do I Get an Acknowledgement Number
Once your income tax return is filed, you will receive an acknowledgment copy (ITR-V) with a unique acknowledgment number. A copy of this will be emailed to you once the return has been submitted. You can also download it with your Income Tax Portal login.
The process to verify your acknowledgment number is as follows:
- Log in to the Income Tax Office website. click here
- Tap on View Filed returns under the e-File tab.
- Electronic Files → Income Tax Returns → View Filed Returns
- You will also receive a confirmation number under the corresponding AY and download a copy (receipt) of your ITR-V.
Now as you got to know about Income Tax Acknowledgment. Once you have paid your income tax, you will receive an acknowledgment. This acknowledgment must be printed and signed. This signed document must be sent to the central hub in Bangalore within 120 days of receiving Form ITR-V.
Request A Callback
You may Also Call Us At+91 76790 91881