Income Tax Portal 2.0 is now accessible to all taxpayers in India. It is a web-based application that helps taxpayers with calculating their income tax liability and making payments.
It also has multiple self-help functions like e-filing, declaration of income, and payment options. That’s why you should know about the features and use of income tax portal 2.0.
This portal can be accessed from a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone with Internet access. It has multiple functions like direct download, online filing, e-filing, salary calculator, and more. It allows you to use multiple internet browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox for a better experience.
What Is the New Portal for Income Tax
CBDT (The Central Board of Direct Taxes) had launched a new income tax e-filing portal on June 7, 2021. The new portal www.incometax.gov.in replaces the existing electronic filing portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov .in. Taxpayers must submit their Income Tax Return (ITR) through the new portal and complete all other tax-related tasks.
The portal has been redesigned for taxpayer convenience, providing a modern and seamless way to submit income tax returns and other tax-related services. Here are the steps to use the new income tax portal:
- On the home page, you can view dedicated tabs to learn how to review refunds, deductions, applicable forms, and ITR filing procedures, and all Tabs are at the top of the page.
- You can scroll down to view services such as ITR Status, Refund Status, Aadhaar Link, and Electronic Verification.
- At the bottom of the page there is a video to help you learn more about this site and a user manual and FAQ are also provided.
If you want to use the Portal’s services, you must complete the registration process. After completing the registration process and logging in, you will have access to the following services:
- Refund/Reissue and Correction Service.
- You can explore an E-Return intermediary.
- You can complete the relevant forms and submit your tax return.
How Can I See 26AS in New Portal
You can view 26AS in the new portal. Complete the following steps to view or download the Form:
- Log on to the ‘e-Filing’ Portal https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
2. Go to the My Account menu, and click the View Form 26AS (Tax Credit) link. Read the disclaimer and click on Confirm and the user will be redirected to TDS-CPC Portal.
3. Now, In the TDS-CPC Portal, Agree with the acceptance of usage and Click Proceed.
4. Tap on View Tax Credit (Form 26AS).
5. Click on the Assessment Year and View type (HTML, Text, or PDF)
6. Tap on View / Download.
What Are the New Features in Income Tax Portal
All the rules, forms, instructions, and notifications are available on this website. There are main features of the new income tax portal are mentioned below:
- Call Center Services:
The new web portal is integrated with the New Call Center for instant response to inquiries. Additionally, detailed FAQs, tutorials, videos, and chatbots/live agents address taxpayer issues.
- Single Dashboard Interactions:
taxpayers can see all interactions, uploads, and pending actions along with follow-up actions in a single dashboard.
- ITR Processing:
This new user-friendly portal instantly processes income tax returns submitted by taxpayers. Expedited processing of income tax returns enables faster refunds to taxpayers.
- Free ITR Preparation Software:
The taxpayer can take advantage of its free ITR preparation software. The ITR-1 and ITR-4 software are now available online and offline, and the ITR-2 is available online. Other of its ITR preparation software for ITR-3, ITR-5, ITR-6, and ITR-7 are coming soon. Interactive questions available in the software simplify electronic submission.
- Mobile Application:
Launches the mobile application with all the basic functionality of the new portal. Taxpayers can access the app anytime via mobile networks.
- Pre-filled ITR:
The new portal allows you to pre-fill some details about certain incomes. It may refer to salary, home ownership, business/occupation, etc. Additionally, payroll income, interest, dividends, and capital gains information can be pre-filled in detail.
How Do I File My New Portal Tax Return
If you want to file your ITR in the new tax portal follow these steps below:
- First, go to the Income Tax e-Filing Portal. https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
- Enter your user ID (PAN), password, and captcha code, and tap on login.
- Tap on the e- file menu and select the Income Tax Return link.
- Click next. Please read the instructions carefully and complete all applicable and required fields on the online ITR form.
- Select the appropriate verification option on the Tax Paid and Verification tab.
- To review your income tax return, select one of the following options:
I would like to e-Verify
I would like to do electronic authentication later within 120 days from the filing date.
- I do not want electronic authentication and would also like to send a signed ITR-V through normal or speed post to “The centralized processing center(CPC), Income Tax Department, Bengaluru – 560 500 Within 120 days from the date of submission.
- Click the Preview and Submit buttons to see all the data entered into the ITR.
- Submit the ITR.
- After choosing I would like to e-Verify option then e-Verification can be done through any of the following methods by entering the EVC/OTP when asked for.
- EVC/OTP must be entered within 60 seconds. Otherwise, an Income Tax Return (ITR) will be automatically filed.
- Submitted ITRs must be later verified using the My Account → e-Verify Return option or a signed ITR-V must be submitted to the CPC.
- To view the uploaded ITR.
How to check pending actions tab in income tax portal 2.0?
Steps to check pending actions in e-Filing portal.
Log in to the e-Filing portal and navigate to Pending Actions > Response to Outstanding Demand.
If you have outstanding demands against your PAN, the current status for each of the past / existing outstanding demands will be updated as Pending payment / Response.
Select Pay Now / Submit Response.
You will also get a message on your registered mobile number and email address.
FAQs: Income Tax Portal 2.0
Who designed new ITR portal?
It is the official portal of the Income Tax Department, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The portal has evolved as a Mission Mode Project under the National E-Governance Plan.
The new income tax e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in has been developed by Infosys.
Can we file ITR 2 online in new portal?
Yes, you can file your ITR2 return online using the electronic income tax portal. If you are submitting your return through the government portal, you must submit it offline or online mode.
Can we file TDS return on new portal?
Yes, you can file TDS return on new portal. TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) is an indirect method of collecting income tax. The person receiving the after-tax payment is entitled to a tax credit equal to the amount deducted. This tax credit can be claimed on Form 16A issued from Tax Credit. The Income Tax e-Filing Portal also provides the function to upload TDS filing files.
Can we file ITR in new portal?
Yes, you can file your ITR return online using the electronic income tax portal. If you are submitting your return through the government portal, you must submit it offline or online mode.
Hopefully, In this article you got all information regarding income tax portal 2.0. In this new portal taxpayers can get help and guidance related to Income Tax Department. It also has multiple self-help functions like e-filing, declaration of income, and payment options.
If you have any questions please drop a comment below.
How to Register DSC on Income Tax Portal (Complete Guide)