Income Tax Portal Not Working
Income tax filing was a big task for users, especially those without a technical background. But as countries are forced to turn to technology for integration tasks like this, the government is taking some key steps to make it easier for users. On 7 June 2021, the Income Tax Department launched a new website for the electronic filing of Income Tax Returns (ITR).
However, as soon as the new website was launched, many users started experiencing issues related to the “New Income Tax Portal Not Working”.If you have faced similar issues, Here’s everything you need to know about income tax portal not working. Let’s read on.
What Is the Issue with Income Tax Portal
The new website is designed to provide users and taxpayers with a user-friendly environment on the website, making the e-filing experience easier and smarter.
The goal of this portal is to provide taxpayers and other stakeholders with income tax-related services through a single point of contact, according to the Finance Minister. After a few hours of launch, the site started having serious flaws, including taxpayers’ unable to access the site, various kinds of bugs, and numerous other technical glitches.
Here’s a short listing of problems recognized with the new tax portal:
- DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) isn’t always up to date or registered.
- Unable to crack the DIN (Document Identification Number) required for submitting Form 35 for the use of the new portal.
- Newly agencies or corporations are not able to sign up at the Portal.
- The option to forget one’s password is not working.
- IT acknowledgments in PDF layout are not available for download.
- DIN number is not auto-populated in the new portal.
- Numbers on challans now no longer be authenticated.
- No tab for VSV.
- TDS returns now no longer be filed.
- Unable to publish a record 15CA/15CB.
- The e-Proceedings tab not working.
- Past grievances are now no longer taken into consideration.
- Inability to document tax returns for the financial yr 2021.
- Inconsistency in PAN. Data displayed whilst there may be no technical mismatch.
- JSON Utility is presently unavailable.
- UDIN is likewise not able to replace certifications and audits from the preceding month.
- Correction of return options is not possible.
- The return that was processed in March 2021 now it is shown as being processed in the view details tab.
- D MAT Linking in ready level considering 08/06/2021.
- Unable to add an Application for 12AA
How Do I Unlock My Income Tax Portal
The Income Tax Department may unblock your account from time to time. You will receive a pop-up message and an email notification when your account is unlocked. To unlock your account, please contact the helpline number 18001801961, 08:00 – 22:00 (Monday to Saturday)There is no option once the system pops up a message as “your e-filing account has locked, try later after 4 hours”. You have to wait for four hours, after four hours you can update the new password using the forget feature on the e-filing portal.
What is AIS Password
The Annual Information Statement (AIS) is comprehensive information for taxpayers that appears on
Form 26AS. Taxpayers can provide feedback on the information displayed on the AIS. The Annual Information Statement can view both reported value and modified value under each section.AIS can also be downloaded in PDF or JSON format.
PDF files are password protected when downloaded. To unlock, combine his PAN (uppercase) and date of birth for individual taxpayers or incorporation date for non-individual taxpayers in the format of his DDMMYYYY with no spaces to enter the password.
For example, if the PAN is BBBBB1234A and the date of birth is 27th January 1991, your password will be BBBBB1234A27011991.
Why Is My Tax Account Locked
Your Tax account will be locked after several failed attempts. please contact the helpline number 18001801961, 08:00 – 22:00 (Monday to Saturday)
There is no option once the system pops up a message as “Your e-filing account has been locked, try again after four hours”. You have to wait for four hours, after four hours you can update the new password using the forget feature on the e-filing portal.
How Do I Contact My ITR Assessing Officer
The Know Your AO service is available to taxpayers (registered or not registered for e-Filing) with a valid PAN. This service will allow you to view the details of the Jurisdictional Assessing Officer (AO) for a particular PAN. You do not need to register with the e-Filing Portal to use this service. Here are a few steps:
- Go to the home page of the e-Filing portal and click Know Your AO.
- On the Know Your Jurisdictional Assessor page, enter your PAN and a valid mobile phone number and click Next.
- You will get a 6-digit OTP on the mobile number you entered in.
- Enter the OTP on the verification page and click Verify.
- On successful OTP verification, you will be shown the Jurisdictional Assessor details (Area Code, AO Type, Range Code, AO Number, Jurisdiction, Address, AO Email ID, etc.) and PAN status.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):-
Which Browser Is Best for Income Tax Return?
The Income Tax Department recommends using the following browser specifications for optimal viewing of the www.incometax.gov.in website.
- Microsoft Edge (88, 89, 90)
- Chrome (88, 89, 90)
- Firefox/Mozilla (88, 87, 86)
- Opera (66, 67, 68)
Is there any app to file ITR?
No, there is not possible to file ITR on the app. The Income Tax Department has launched an app called Aaykar Setu but this app serves only as a guide for taxpayers.
Does income tax India have an app?
Yes, The Income Tax Department has launched an app called Aaykar Setu. This app acts as a bridge between governments and taxpayers. This is a free app available for Android users on the Google Play Store. Install the app and register your mobile number with the app. You can also link your 12-digit Aadhaar and 10-digit PAN to your account. The app serves as a guide for taxpayers.
Which browser is best for government sites?
These are the best browser for government sites are Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox/Mozilla.
What is the default password for income tax login?
The ITR V password is a combination of PAN numbers. Assessee (lowercase) and date of birth. For example:
If your PAN is AAAAA0000A and your date of birth is January 10, 2008, your ITR V password is aaaaa0000a10012008.
In this article, you got to know about income tax portal not working. As you know the Income Tax Department launched a new website for the electronic filing of Income Tax Returns. It has some technical issues but the government is working on that technical glitches.
Request A Callback
You may Also Call Us At+91 76790 91881