Income Tax Slab for AY 2023-24 (2023 Updates)
Individual taxpayers must pay income tax based on the applicable slab system. Individuals may be classified into different tax amounts depending on their income. Here in this article, you will know about income tax slab for ay 2023-24. As a result, people with higher incomes have to pay more taxes and if you have a low income, you pay lower taxes.
The slab system was introduced to keep the country’s tax system fair. The slab changes with each budget announcement.
What Will Tax Rates Be In 2023?
To determine the rate at which income tax must be paid, the Government of India has introduced an income tax slab and applicable tax rates. Income tax slabs specify the regions where a given tax rate applies. Based on the income tax category to which the taxpayer falls, the applicable income tax rate is determined and used to calculate the income tax liability for the applicable tax. Here are the different income tax slabs:
The table below shows the revised income tax table, not the old tax system. Here are the new regime income tax slab for ay 2023-24 slabs below 60.
|up to Rs. 2.5 lakh
|Rs. 2.5 lakhs – Rs. 5 lakh
|Rs. 5 lakhs – Rs. 7.50 lakhs
|Rs. 7.50 lakhs – Rs. 10 lakhs
|Rs. 10 lakhs – Rs. 12.50 Lakhs
|Rs. 12.50 lakhs – Rs. 15 lakhs
|Rs. 15 lakhs and more
Income tax slab between 60 to 80
|Rs. 3 lakhs
|Rs. 3 lakhs – Rs. 5 lakhs
|Rs. 5 lakhs – Rs. 10 lakhs
|Rs. 10 lakhs and more
Income tax slab age above 80
|Rs. 5 lakhs
|Rs. 5 lakhs – Rs. 10 lakhs
|Rs. 10 lakhs and more
Will Tax Returns Be Bigger in 2023
The direct tax collection target for 2023-24 could be estimated 14-17% higher than the budget estimate of Rs. 1-1.5 trillion for 2022-23, a government official told Business Standard. When gross tax revenues will increase more than proportionately in response to a rise in the nominal GDP.
However, the outlook for direct tax growth remains modest as nominal GDP growth is expected to slow next year amid lower inflation, the official added. For 2022-23, The government expects direct tax revenue to exceed the target by at least Rs. 1-1.5 trillion from 2022 to 2023.
What Is the Earliest You Can File Taxes in 2023
The good news is that you can start paying your taxes from December 3, 2022, by filing your taxes online and you can prepare your tax return now then it is automatically submitted as soon as the IRS starts accepting tax returns in 2023. The sooner you submit it, the sooner you will receive your refund. Here are some of the benefits of filing your tax return early.
- First, if you are expecting a refund, you can get it sooner.
- Second, if you owe the IRS money, it will take longer to pay it back.
- Third, if you are self-employed or have other complex tax issues, filing early will give you more time to gather all the necessary documents.
- The IRS is asking taxpayers to file their taxes as soon as possible, whether or not they expect a refund early, so filing your taxes early is a good option.
At What Age Do You Start Paying Taxes
Income tax is a tax levied on an individual’s annual income. The amount of tax you pay depends on how much you earned as income during the year. Income tax payments, TDS/TCS payments, and non-TDS/TCS payments can be processed online. All taxpayers must provide proper disclosure to make these payments. It makes the whole process easy and fast.
Income tax for the fiscal year 2022-23 will apply to all residents with annual income over Rs.2.5 lakh p.a. The maximum amount of tax a person can pay is 30% of their income plus 4% deductible if their income exceeds Rs. 1,00,000 per year.
What Is the Rebate u/s 87A for Ay 2023-24
Section 87A rebate applies to residents whose gross income for the previous year does not exceed Rs. 5,00,000. The Rebate is available only to the extent of Rs. 12,500 and no rebate will be there if your total income exceeds Rs. 5,00,000.
Here are some steps to apply for a Section 87A Tax Rebate:
- Calculate total gross revenue for the fiscal year
- Reduce tax deductions for tax savings, investments, etc.
- You will get your gross income after deducting tax credits.
- Declare gross income and tax credits on the ITR.
- If your gross income does not exceed Rs.50 million, please apply for a section 87A tax rebate.
- The maximum Section 87A discount for 2022-23 is Rs 12,500.
Considerations when Applying for Section 87A debate:
- A rebate can be applied to the total tax before adding health and education tax will be 4%.
- Only residents may claim rebates under this section.
- Senior citizens aged 60 to 80 may be eligible for a Section 87A rebate.
- Super Seniors over the age of 80 are not eligible to claim the Section 87A rebate.
- The rebate amount is less than the limit specified in Section 87A or the total income tax payable (before tax).
- Section 87A rebates are available for both old and new tax regimes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):-
Can we file ITR return for AY 2022 23 now?
Yes, you can start paying your taxes from December 3, 2022, by filing your taxes online and you can prepare your tax return now then it is automatically submitted as soon as the IRS starts accepting tax returns in 2023.
Will income tax rates increase in 2023?
To remove the complexity and contradiction, capital gains tax should be revisited in terms of tax rate and holding period. Additionally, the government should consider lowering the personal income tax rate in its next reform push. This increases disposable income and activates the demand cycle.
In this Article you got to know about income tax slab for ay 2023-24. Income tax is a tax levied by the Government of India on an individual’s income. Income tax provisions are governed by the Income Tax Act 1961 regulations thereunder. Income tax slabs specify the regions where a given tax rate applies. Based on the income tax category into which the taxpayer falls.
Request A Callback
You may Also Call Us At+91 76790 91881