Starting at ₹1,999/- ONLY
You may apply for FSSAI registration if you are manufacturer, trader or restaurant carrying out any food business. There are three types of registrations based on the scale of activities:
- Basic Registration
- State License Registration
- Central License Registration
List of Documents required
- PAN Card of the Entity
- Certificate of Incorporation ( For Company)
- KYC Documents of Director/Partner/Proprietor
- Rental Agreement/Ownership Proof
- Utility Bill of the Place
- Photo of Director/Partner/Proprietor
HOW DOES IT WORK?
benefits of fssai liscense
- Consumer Awareness
- Legal Advantage
- Creation of an asset
- Business Expansion
In this modern age, everyone has access to the internet and along with it, thousands of pages of information on every single topic that can be thought of. Consumers are constantly educating themselves on hygiene and healthy food eating standards. In such an age, having the FSSAI license, proving the high quality of food is of immense importance.
Most businesses view the procurement of getting an FSSAI license to be an expensive and unnecessary task. Little do they know that in reality, it might just be the opposite. The costs that businesses will have to bear if they are caught and are without the license is huge and it will also take a toll on the goodwill of the business.
Once the FSSAI license is obtained, the FSSAI logo becomes an asset for the business. The business would then start using this logo in all of it’s product’s packaging in order to have that competitive edge over other players in the market. There might also be consumers who won’t consume products of companies who don’t have this license. FSSAI license also increases the goodwill of a company.
In case a business wants to expand it’s operations or enter a new market, it can do so considerable easier with FSSAI license, Firstly, the consumers in the new market will see the FSSAI logo in the packaging and build a trust without even trying the product. Secondly, FSSAI certification will also help businesses get loans easier for expansion.
ANSWERING YOUR QUERIES
What are the different types of FSSAI Licenses?
There are three types of Registrations under FSSAI. Details are mentioned below
- FSSAI Basic registration- Small businesses or startups having annual turnover below Rs.12 lakhs can apply. As operations scale up and turnover reaches Rs. 12 lakh bar, the basic registration will need to be upgraded to state license.
- FSSAI State license-Small and Medium business units having annual turnover in the range of Rs.12lakh -20 crores need to apply for State level License.
- FSSAI Central license-For large business having annual turnover above Rs.20 crores, applicant need to obtain Central Level License. The same license is applicable where you are you are engaged in import or export of food products or selling goods to government offices.
What is the validity of the license?
The validity of license ranges from 1 year to 5 years. Government Fees is charged accordingly.
Is the license depended upon the place of business?
Yes. Separate Fssai license has to be obtained for separate place of business.
Why do I need an FSSAI license and registration?
FSSAI license is mandatory for any entity engaged in food business. Running business without it leads to high penalties.
Still Have Queries?
We are very excited to assist you in all ways possible.