Do you know what is ROC certificate? Do you have one?
ROC is an acronym for Registrar of Companies, a Ministry of Corporate Affairs office responsible for the regulation and maintenance of records of companies registered under the Companies Act 2013.
A ROC certificate is a document issued by the Registrar of Companies that serves as proof of a company’s existence and registration with the ROC. It is also known as Certificate of Incorporation. It contains important information such as company name, registration number, date of incorporation, and country of registration.
Whether you’re a business owner, an investor, or just interested in the world of starting a business, this blog post is for you.
This blog is on the ROC certificate full form.
What is ROC Form?
Registrar of Companies (ROC) form is a document that companies are required to submit to the Registrar of Companies in many countries, including India.
These forms contain important information about the company’s activities, operations, and finances and are used by regulators to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations.
The type of ROC form and the information you provide may vary depending on the specific requirements of jurisdictions and regulatory authorities.
E-Forms required to be Filed with ROC
|E-form name||Purpose of E-form||Attachments||Due date of filing||Applicability on Company|
|Form ADT-1||Appointment of Auditor||Appointment Letter, Confirmation Letter from Company||15 days from the date of AGM/appointment as the case may be.||Private Company, Public Limited Companies, Listed Company, One Person Company|
|Form AOC-4 and Form AOC-4 CFS (in case of Consolidated financial statements)||Filing of Annual Accounts||Board Report along with annexures: MGT-9, AOC-2, CSR Report, Corporate Governance Report, Secretarial Audit Report, etc.. as per the nature of Company and financial statements||30 days from the date of the AGM (In case of OPC within 180 days from the close of financial year)||Private Company, Public Limited Companies, One Person Company|
|Form AOC-4 (XBRL)||Filing of Annual Accounts in XBRL mode||XML document of financials of the Company||30 days from the date of the AGM||Listed companies in India and their Indian subsidiaries (or) a public company With paid-up capital >= 5 crores (or) With turnover>=100 crores|
|Form MGT-7/MGT-7A||Filing of Annual Return||List of shareholders, debenture holders, Share Transfer, MGT-8||60 days from the date of AGM.||Private Company, Public Limited Companies, Listed Company, One Person Company|
|Form CRA-4||Filing of Cost Audit Report||XML document of Cost Audit report||30 days from the receipt of Cost Audit Report||Companies prescribed as per The Companies (Cost records and Audit Rules), 2014 amended from time to time.|
|Form MGT-14||Filing of resolutions with MCA regarding approval of Board Report and Annual Accounts||A certified true copy of the resolution.||30 days from the date of concerned Board Meeting||Public Companies and Listed Companies (Exempted for private companies)|
What is ROC Registration Number?
Corporate Identification Number (CIN) is a 21-digit alpha-numeric number assigned to all Private Limited Companies (PLCs), One Person Companies (OPCs), Government of India Companies, State Government Companies, Not-for-Profit, National Initiatives for Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI) Companies, and other entities registered in India.
A CIN is a unique identification number assigned by each state’s Registrar of Companies (ROC) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
Format of a company registration number
Digit 1 – The first digit of 21 symbolizes L or U for a listed or unlisted company.
Next 5 Digits – The next 5 digits indicate the industry the company belongs to. From these 5 digits, you can easily get a sense of the nature of the company’s business.
Next 2 Digits – The next two digits indicate the state of the company after receiving the registration. For example, DL for Delhi and MH for Maharashtra.
Next 4 Digits – The next four digits indicate the year the company was founded.
Next 3 digits- From these 3 digits it is easy to tell if the company is a Public Limited Company (PLC) or a Private Limited Company (PTC) and Foreign Company is depicted by (FTC).
Last 6 Digits – These 6 digits are the ROC number issued by the ROC when the company was registered.
How Can I Check My Company ROC?
On the MCA official website, anyone can check the company registration number, date of establishment, company type, company claims, company officers, etc. Documents such as balance sheets, annual reports, and other official documents are also available on the website. Follow these steps to check company registration in ROC.
- Go to the MCA website.
- Click MCA Service >> Company Services >> Find CIN.
- Click ‘Find CIN’ Search by registration number.
- Select ‘Search Based on Registration no’.
- Enter the company registration number in the search field and click the Search button.
- A list of companies matching the entered registration number is returned.
- Click the company name to view the company master data.
- Select ‘Search Based on inactive CIN’.
- Enter your inactive CIN number in the search field.
- Select the Search option.
- The system displays the details of the entity or LLP associated with the inactive CIN.
The results page displays the following information about the company:
- Company Registration Number or Company Identification Number
- Name of Company
- Date of Incorporation
- Category of the Company
- Class of company
- Authorized and details of paid-up capital
- Number of members of the Company
- Registered office address and e-mail
- Assets undercharge
- The details of the Company Directors
What is the Role of ROC in Company?
The Registrar of Companies (ROC) oversees the registration, regulation, and compliance of companies within a specific jurisdiction.
Key responsibilities are:
- Registering new companies and ensuring they comply with legal requirements.
- Updating company records, including information about directors, shareholders, and annual reports.
- Ensuring that companies follow statutory requirements, such as annual reports and financial statements.
- Investigate complaints and prosecute companies that violate regulations.
- Companies that fail to comply with regulations or are no longer in operation are dissolved or struck off.
How Can I Download ROC Certificate of Company?
After registering your company with the ROC, you can download various company documents.
Follow the steps below to obtain the ROC certificate of the company.
- First, log into your MCA portal account.
- Select MCA Services > Document Services > Get Certified Copy.
- You have the option to enter your company name, company CIN, or company registration number.
- Fill in the information based on your selected criteria and click Submit.
- Click the hyperlink next to CIN for the company.
- A list of all documents is displayed.
- Select the required document and click the continue button.
- Select Get pricing details.
- You can pay online with a credit/prepaid card or internet banking.
- You can also pay offline using Challan, NEFT, or Pay Later options.
Please allow 24 hours for the MCA Portal to process your certified copy request.
FAQ – ROC Certificate Full Form
How many companies are registered in ROC?
In the financial Year 2022-23, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) registered more than 1.70 Lakh company incorporations.
The ROC certificate is a mandatory document for all companies registered under the Companies Act 2013. It serves as proof of the company’s existence and registration in the commercial register and contains important legal and regulatory information.
Whether you are starting a new business or investing in an existing business, having a ROC certificate is essential. It not only gives the company credibility but also helps build trust among stakeholders such as investors, customers, and suppliers.
I hope this blog post has clarified the importance of ROC certificates and their full form. If you have additional questions or would like to learn more about starting a business, please consult an Instafiling legal professional or visit the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website.
ROC Helpline Number (Contact Info)