WHAT ARE THE ROC COMPLIANCES APPLICABLE TO A PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY?
PT-3Any Company as registered under the Companies Act, 2013 is bound to comply with the requirements of the Law, such requirements includes filing of certain returns and forms with the regulator under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) also called the Registrar of Companies (ROC).
Filing Requirements of ROC
While there can be hundreds of requirements, some require mandatory filings and reporting to the ROC and some does not require filing though the records has to be maintained. Let’s discuss the key compliance requirements:
- Filing Auditor Appointment (ADT-1 Form) – Within 15 days from the date of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) (Last date for FY21 – 15th October 2021)
- Filing Financial Statements (AOC-4 Form) – Within 30 days from the date of AGM, audited financial statements incl. Balance sheet, profit and loss account, notes to accounts needs to be attached with the form. (Last date for FY21 – 30th October 2021)
- Filing Annual Return (MGT-7 Form) – Within 60 days from the date of AGM, it includes the Director’s report.
- Director Annual KYC (DIR-3 KYC Form) – To be filed by every director before 30th September of any financial year.
- Return of Deposits (DPT-3 Form) – Every company needs to file this return furnishing information about deposits and/or outstanding receipt of loan or money other than deposits. (Last date for FY21 – 31st August 2021)
- Filing of Resolutions (MGT-14 Form) – Filing of Board resolutions, EGM and AGM resolutions within 30 days of passing the resolution.
- MSME Form – All Companies having received services/ goods from MSMEs and payment for such services/ goods is due for more than 45 days should file MSME Form half yearly. (Last date for Oct20 to Mar21is 30th April 2021, Last date for Apr21 to Sep21 is 31st October 2021)
Are you curious to find out whether your company is fully compliant with applicable statutory norms?
Also, do you need the details of any non-compliance as of date? Fill in the form and our team will email you with all the details.
ANSWERING YOUR QUERIES
Do I have to file annual returns for 3 months if i have incorporated a company in the month of January?
No. As per companies act, you can file Annual Returns for consolidated 15 months in your first year.
If you have incorporated company in Jan’21, you can file your annual returns for 15 months till Mar’22 together. It means the annual returns due date will be around Oct’22.
What are the due dates for filing Privae Limited Company Annual Returns?
Every year, Private Limited Company has to file AOC-4 within 30 days of the AGM. Moreover MGT 7 has to be filed within 60 days of the AGM. Delay in the forms will cause a late fee of Rs 100 per day
What are the consequences of non filing of Annual Returns?
If a company doesn’t file is Annual Returns for 3 consecutive years, the company will be strike off by the ROC from its registers. The default will also lead to disqualification of Directors for 5 continuous years.
When is commencement form (INC-20A) has to be filed?
Business Commencemt form has to be filed within 180 days of incorporation.
Still Have Queries?
We are very excited to assist you in all ways possible.