Steps To File A Trademark For An Individual
As we have discussed, an individual can file for a trademark for the purpose of providing a distinguishable Identity to his/her products or services, and it can be done under the Trademarks Act 1999. We will now learn the steps to file a trademark.
The form and fee, that is charged for the registration of a trademark for an individual are-
- Form TM-A
- Fee – ₹4500
These Are The Following Steps To File A Trademark For An Individual
- Come up with a unique trademark and determine the class of your trademark. This is the main step in this procedure.
- Conduct a trademark availability search. The government has provided the facility on its portal to run an availability search to ensure that you are applying for a unique trademark and avoid any objections to your application. Visit the online database provided by Indian Controller General Of Patent Designs and Trademarks on their
- Proceed to register for it through Form TM-A. The fee that is charged for this form for companies is ₹4500.
- Attach details and documents along with your application, include a copy of the trademark logo or design, applicant details, classification of goods and services
- Online filing and physical filing both options are available as E-filing is simpler and acknowledgement of submission of application is immediately notified whereas in manual filing the acknowledgement comes within 15-20 days.
- Once you have submitted your application, the concerned officers will review it. If your trademark is completely unique, this process will be much easier for you as it isn’t likely to invite any objection or opposition. In the event that any objection or opposition is raised, your application is heard by the concerned authorities and further decision is
- Once you have successfully come out of the scrutiny, your trademark is published in a reputed trademark journal and if there isn’t any opposition raised within 90 to 120 days, you can be assured of a successful
- Once this has been done, the Certificate of Registration will be provided to you that bears the seal of trademark
Also Read: How To Search Availability Of A Trademark?
Request A Callback
You may Also Call Us At+91 76790 91881